Los Angeles-based architect and Pritzker Prize-winner Thom Mayne, will visit speak at UTS University Hall on Tuesday 14 December, 6.00pm-8.00pm.
Tickets are available at www.architecture.com.au/internationalspeakerseries.
Thom Mayne is considered one of the world’s most innovative and influential architects, receiving numerous accolades, including: the world’s most prestigious architecture award, the Pritzker Prize; 25 Progressive Architecture Awards; and 75 American Institute of Architecture Awards.
Thom Mayne is best known as founder, design director and thought leader of leading architectural practice Morphosis. The practice’s work, drawings, furniture, and models have been featured in group and solo exhibitions around the world. Recent well-known built works include:
• 41 Cooper Street, New York;
• The Wayne Lyman Morse US Courthouse;
• The Cahill Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics at Caltech;
• The San Francisco Federal Building; and
• The FLOAT House, New Orleans